Saturday, December 29, 2007

I don't want to be that loser

Last night I went out to a dueling piano bar. We went early for Friday night standards (~7pm) so the crowd was few and not very enthusiastic when we first got there. But as the night went on, more people came, drank, and requested songs, so that by the time we left around ~11pm, the place was alive.

Anyways, we saw a group of guys who came in ~9pm and blocked out view of the stage, all dressed in formal wear but with no accompanying ladies. Later, a guy from that group who tries to hit on someone in our party says he's part of a bachelor party... That just made me think... I don't want to be that sleazy guy who tries to pick up someone at a bar (which is apparently how the single young professional society at large operates).

On another note, someone in our party was really desperate to find someone as she is currently stuck in the middle of cornfields America (back home for break). She essentially said that it shouldn't be an issue for older women to date younger guys because "it's not fair" for there to be a tacit rule/taboo against that. It was reassuring to know that I'm not the only one that is as desperate - and I'm not even in the middle of nowhere!

No comments: